Dec 24, 2013

RUS 104 STUDIO 2013

      When I first stepped into USM, I find out that HBP, School of Housing Building and Planning is a 'special' school that most of the students stay up late, until morning just to finish their studio projects. I wasn't really sure about that, until I got project 3. Project 3 was the first project that i spent overnight to complete it. Back to project 1, I not sure that why should a HBP student learn how to sketch their own portrait and write a biography about him/herself, but I know there must be a reason behind everything that our lecturers gave us to do. Project 2 was quite a nightmare, I honestly not a great sketcher, I tried my best to pump up my drawing skills after project 2, from project 1 & 2, I've learned that there are so many classmates around me are great painters and great sketchers, they do have their own style in drawings or paintings, it doesn't drag down my passion but it did actually pumped up and gave ohm for me to learn more and practice more in drawing and painting.

What I learned from RUS 104 was,
First, Lecturers are not that fierce eventually. In my thoughts, i thought that lecturers or studio masters might be very bossy and do not lead us or do not really bother about us in our learning journey. Yes, we have to do our own work by ourselves of course, but most of the lecturers were kind enough to share their experiences and gave us some guides and tips for helping us in completing our project, maybe that we're in first year maybe ? But anyway, I am very thankful and feeling glad that i have Dr. Suraiyati as my studio masters, when she doesn't smile, she looks quite serious but when she started to explain everything to us, i felt that she did actually care a lot about us and gave us a lot guidance and lead us well.

Second, The studio life. I had been overnight in studio for many many nights that I don't even remember how many nights were there. I had slept in 3 stool in one row before, i had slept on the table and i had tried never slept at all and just keep on drawing in studio. Studio was like my second hostel, I had my meal there, I stay there from morning until night and from night to morning. Studio is also a place where we get to know about each other no matter Chinese or Malays. Somehow I love our friends playing some musics at night while we were doing studio projects, and I miss those nights when our seniors or muslims friends came over and ask whether do we need dapao some food in late night at 3am! It was quite touching and yet those were the greatest memories to be remembered.

Third, besides all those studio lives and all. I had learned a lot new skills from studio RUS104 too. I had learned a better painting and drawing skills from most of the projects. I learned to do a better site analysis from project 5 where we need to do our own analysis based on few given sites. From project 3, I learned a better skills in drawing perspective view and learned to present a better presentation board. It was a great experience when I stood in front of the crowd any present my own project, sometimes we might get 'shoot' by few lecturers but their comments always bring good leads to us. I learned more from that. Besides paintings and drawings and all, we even learned how to saw good woods and learned how to combine joints. Everything i had learned can't be explained and describe by words from one to another. It was a great life in studio rus 104. I am looking forward to RUS 106 in the next semester. I know it might be a tougher semester but I will get it through :)

No comments:

Post a Comment